Thursday, September 11, 2008

If you haven't read, sorry!

Well it has been a very busy busy coupla days for me. I really like my roomates we get along together ok. Mom and dad put the dog's bed in the perfect spot for him to sleep, but he wouldn't sleep on it. I then moved it next to my bed in the corner, and he promptly laid on it and went to sleep. He is so picky! I still find him sleeping in the middle of the floor when I wake up, which is annoying because the carpet is dark, and he leaves excess hair. He still stresses that I am going to leave him or something, and won't eat or drink unless I sit by him. Hopefully, this will change soon.

Yesterday, Saturday, we went to all sorts of things and I keep meeting tons and tons of people, and I feel really bad because I can never remember their names. We made baby hats, and put together hygiene? kits. Our table was the fastest and most efficiant, and we started playing movie trivia, and I creamed 'em all thanks to my weird family. Then we started singing disney songs and everyone just gave us weird looks. I don't mind, after all I am used to it. There was a redhead kid there named Grant, and he was singing, and the girls next to him asked if he was trying out for the choir, and he said he didn't think he would, and they said he was really good, and should etc etc. He started singing something, I don't remember what now, but I started singing harmony, and then these kids asked if we were related. Why are all redheads related. He started laughing, and I said we were brother and sister, in a spiritual sense,a dn everyone laughed. Apparantly you can use Mormon sense of humor here. Maybe you had to be there, if you don't think its funny. We were complimented on how well we sound together. It was fun.
I ran into (not literally) Steven Hill and talked to him, which was cool because they live in Canada now, and I haven't seen him in awhile. Yesterday we trudged up and down and up and down campus. I did fairly well, and hope to increase my endurance. Everyone offers to help me, which is also a great way to meet poeple. There was a talent show and there was this kid that did PERFECT impressions of Kronk Yzma, Harry Potter, Snape, Frodo, and Golum, Jack Sparrow, That employer guy from the incredibles, and Mr. Incredible, Shrek, Donkey Yoda, Pres. Bush, Rocky, The guy from Macho Libre, Napoleon Dynamite, and Kip, Darth Vador, and I think thats it. It was awesome, and then another guy did vocal drums complet with the bass noise. I didn't know you could do the bass note while doing the drums. I wish I could do that. Thorpe was not happy with all the noise, and kep strangling himslef on his leash to get away, not even treats could tempt, it was very very frustrating, but I couldn't leave him home.
Last night, was BYUI night, which is just a huge party. The line was huge for the tickets, but I told my friend Lizzy to find me in line, in 2 minutes. She didn't think I could do it but...you guys all know. I found the perfect setup, and went and talked to some girls and they let me in line, about 10 people away from the front. Then my friend, joined me nad we got our tickets. It was awesome. She started calling me hey legless, and threatening to stick a stick in my spokes, or other names, and people's faces, it is a highly entertaining form of entertainment, if you ever want to try it! Then we went to find the dance instructors and I met my friend Rachel who lived across the street from Grandma Rick's. We talked for awhile, and then I asked where the gym was. They told me, and I went downstairs, and went to go play basketbal lwith other ABP's in wheelchairs. I beat them all soundly. They had no idea what they were doing, so I spent about 4 hours down there teaching each group how to do it. I could beat the big football looking boys, down the court, while dribbling. It felt awesome. Sometimes I played, others I watched. When there was a group of boys, of course I had to show 'em up, and play on the girls team, where we usually won! some cheat, and I got em back. ( you can ask about that story if you want later) I made 3 baskets!! I am very proud of myself if you can't tell. Then we went the wrong way, and some guys helped push me up a hill. As I was leaving, there were two guys doing a double bike thing, where your sitting, and the pedals are in front, and you both have to pedal, and it has seats. I have pictures if you don't quite get it. I grabbed the back, and they pulled me around really really fast, which would explain why my footplate is loose today, and then pulled me home, which was really nice cuz it was uphill.

Then on Sunday we went to church, and it was confusing because we have to go to a different building for everything else but sacrament meeting.

1 comment:

Smart Helm said...

I read all that already... and u need a title! Welcome to the blogosphere. I'm glad u joined the hoopla.. now u can conform!!
shore dew luv ya.