Thursday, September 11, 2008

Wednesday

It seems to me we music kids spend our lives in the Snow building, and thats why I mentioned the bathroom thing previously. That is, what the Music Explorations guy said today, and why our roomates think us music people are so weird, we give off the aura or something of an introvert. I think he hasn't met me yet. He said something really profound to think about, and I was going to write it so we could all have a spiritual moment together, but its gone. Sorry! Today, in the afternoon I spent a ton of my time talking to Josh, which is Amy, Jared's wifes brother in law. Man can that kid sing!! I was talking to a couple of his friends and we were laughing about pick-up lines. We were guessing what his friends did, and I am an amazing guesser! Here are some of the ones we laughed about, if you don't think its funny, maybe you just had to have been there.
1. Did you know my shoes match my eyes?
(person looks) You just totally checked my out. This one can also apply to the library one. Do you like books, or the library? I can't remember really how it goes, but its like check me out or check you out or something.
2. My personal favorite... Do you like water?
Yes. Then you like 70% of my body!
OK so we are easily entertained, thats ok. The people came to fix my closet today so I will Finally be able to unpack my clothes, thank heavens! Tonight we went over to our old Team Leader's place and had pancakes. Then we went home and sang music as loud as we could. Annie, my roomate made spammy sandwhiches. (its spam, egg, pickles, and mayo, with cheese on top and stuck in the oven. It really isn't that bad) She and I are going to a Ryan Shup and the Rubber Band concert tomarrow. Its a bluegrass band and it is going to be way fun! I love the music kids, and I am sorry to say, but I think they are the most fun on the campus. I think its just cuz we have a lot in common, but whatever. The cello section is the most fun. We, are going to make a marching orchestra we decided today. Haven't worked out all the kinks, but it'll be ok. I wonder how long it is going to take me to not look at my schedule and know where I am going. It seems like it didn't take this long in High School. I wish I had perfect pitch, and that I could sing. Maybe I will be the best when I die, and play soccer and cross country, and dance. We shall see.

3 comments:

Jamie Pearson said...

so you sound like you are having a great time. Where are your pictures. Blogs have to have pictures. well keep having fun in your classes and you should find my sister Erin Farrar. I'll tell her to invite you over for dinner or something. see ya

Emily Nice said...

Just ignore what Jamie said. Its more important that you actually blog rather then if you put pictures! I think you should take some non music classes so you can be exposed to "normal" college kids =) Good thing you can unpack now! Ricks is a little bigger then good 'ol LAHS, so its no wonder it takes longer to find your way around. Glad you are having a good time and make sure you do some homework occassionally.
uxizogu! or ugozixu

Montana at the Helm said...

I am happy to hear that you ran into Josh again. And you are right, he can sing! Hopefully you can meet Sarah and their boys soon too.