Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Tuesday and Food or Color for thought

Tuesdays, not my best days, last time I fell, and so I of course have to try it again. I didn't fall, but I think I am cursed or something.

Today for devo, short for devotional we had an artist speak to us. He made pictures in the Idaho, and Twin Falls temples, as well as a portrait of Pres. Hinckley in the Conference Center.
So, from an artists perspective, Jesus Christ did an Amazing job at creating the earth, jsut look at all the complementary or complimentary collors. If you know what they are good for you! Nature, has this complimentary colors Everywhere. I would copy and paste examples, but I think you know what I mean. Also, if you look at the primary colors, Red, Yellow and Blue, and then look at their compliementary colors, Red is to green, Yellow is to Purple and Blue is to orange. That is the secret of why us redheads look so darn amazing in green. If you add up the other two primary colors you get the complimentary ones. Isn't that cool, or maybe you all are really smart and have noticed? Anywho, and then he talked about the Golden Section. If you don't know what that is Google, or Wikipedia it. He demonstrated this with examples of People's faces. It really works! Anyway thats the reason its called the divine number. The two people he used were really different in size and shape too. You take the divine number and multiply it times the distance from your forhead to chin. Then subract that number times the divine number, and you put that on your face, and thats where your nose,or mouth or eyes are. Maybe you could look for this talk online it was pretty cool! Thats all that happened today.

2 comments:

Montana at the Helm said...

That sounds like a very interesting devotional! I miss going to those.

Unknown said...

I was just thinking about complementary colors yesterday as I looked at the mountains changing colors. The bushes are starting to turn red, but some are still green. Then I wondered why BYU's colors were Blue and white, when the mountain is so obviously Red, Green, and Orange. Then I noticed that the Sky was blue and white (notice more complementary colors...orange on the mountain, blue in the sky)