Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Fall 2009

Well, here's too another semester!

Not too many exciting stories, except within 24 hours of being here I already have a gig on Saturday. Good thing its old fashioned baroque stuff which isn't too worrisome.

Yesterday my friend Elise the cello (everyone here is named by their instrument) invited me to go on a picnic with her sister and her sister's husbands brother and his wife. It was sort of awkward at first but then funny things happened and all was fine. What happend. There I was calmly putting some bread on a plate for a sandwhich when my dumb dog decides to go running after another dog he sees calmly walking along. Full sprint, and no amount of hey's is going to change his mind, so then on grass I go after him. Good thing that there was another guy there who grabbed my dogs leash and walked him over to me. Why did Thorpe look so smug? I don't know. But I was embarassed, I am thinking, while slowly rolling, "dumb dog should be a better service dog. Why did I come where there are people? This is so embarassing etc." So I come back and calmly start finishing my sandwhich with the leash firmly attatched. Then Clarissa, who is Elise's sister and is also a viola player said, "Well while you were already almost there we thought about coming to help you and Michael (her husband) said we should probably do something but you were coming back by the time we decided to do anything." I don't know why but the way she said made us all really laugh. After that we went and played a three hour (no joke) game of Settlers of Catan extended version. I ALMOST won, but not quite.

After that I helped Elise move her stuff to her apartment, and then I went home.

Today I got up and got some classes rescheduled and my locker. I talked to Brother Tuellar and asked him what the theme for this year's Halloween concert would be, and he told be the theme is Superhero's. That got me thinking...what could I possibly be. Then Tueller gets this look on his face and he says you know Angela, it would be really cool if you could talk Bro. Benson of the drama department into making you a hair piece or something. I gave him a confused look and he laughed and said you make a great Professor Xavier. His phone rang then so I took my leave. I think its a pretty awesome idea personally.

I went out to eat with John who is an clarinet player because we wanted to try the new cafeteria. It is so HUGE and so nice. So anyone who comes to visit me, that would be a great place to go! John came with me and we both got our music books, which was exciting, and then I went home, and he went to do whatever.

I hung out with my old roomate Kristilyn Gelder tonight and out of habit she stuck her foot out to help the ramp, and then we had to stop and laugh for awhile. I am so glad the car is fixed.

3 comments:

txparkinsons said...

he-he!

Montana at the Helm said...

Sounds like life on campus has gotten off to great start...embarrassing moments and all!

Smart Helm said...

Good luck! Sounds like things are going just fine.

Study Hard.