Friday, September 18, 2009

Am I there yet?

As you all know I am the youngest of eight and being the youngest I have always felt that I was expected to act a little more mature than my age...or maybe that is just how I was being raised with siblings that are a bit older than myself. Yeah right! I bet you all are thinking!
I think maybe I tried to grow up to fast. I think I might still be growing up to fast. sometimes it feels like I should still be twelve and going through that awkward pubescent phase. Ok maybe I don't really miss it!
Sometimes I find myself saying..."after this next phase of my life I will be happier" I should be extremely Happy right now! Why do I always think that the next phase will bring happiness? It must be my attitude! My whole life I have been trying to catch up to my brothers and sisters. I wanted to go to college when i was 13 so that I could experience the joys of living on my own. I wanted to serve a mission as soon as I graduated high school and was very upset that I had to wait. (patience is a virtue I lack) When I went away to good ol' BYUI I was brainwashed with everyone getting all get married, and whatever else they teach up here!
I figured out today that I am probably never going to catch up to my brothers and sisters...they are all at different parts of their lives. I love them all so much and thats why I have striven to be like them. but it's time for me to live my own life. I am 19 yrs old, doing what I love best, and I am going to succeed! I am happy where I am.
For once I'm gonna act my age! Whatever that means. :)

6 comments:

Emily Nice said...

Your doing great, Angela! Glad you are learing to enjoy whichever stage of life you are in, some people never learn that and are always misserable. Life is great and we have so many wonderful things. LOVE YOU!

Smart Helm said...

You'll never catch up to where I am :-)! This is something I think everyone struggles with through their whole lives, whether looking forward or even looking backward. Way to recognize it so early! I'm still trying.

You are doing great... especially when you get good grades :-)

Neita and Nate said...

Somedays I want to be 19 again! Maybe I've had too many poopy diapers today! Enjoy life!

Debby said...

You are very wise Angela, but then, I knew that already. :-)

Montana at the Helm said...

I love these moments of reflection, especially ones that help us realize that it's okay to be our own person.

txparkinsons said...

i never act my age ....