Thursday, January 28, 2010

Books, Books, and... Phone?


I admit it. I like books! Ok, I'll try again. I LOVE books! I think they may be the one thing other than extreme MOOSETRACKS which makes the world go round. But I learned something new about books.

When playing in Borders, stay away from the books! Thats very deep right? Borders can be awfully dangerous if your a Helm. Well actually, any bookstore for that matter! They should put a sign up "If your a Helm, please stay only 15 minutes and only buy 2 books." That would probably be a really long sign so maybe something a little shorter and more inconspicuous. But that was the best I could do at this moment so there! I am awesome. I went into Borders with a PlAN I was going to buy this book and this book. TWO books! Yeah...right! I came out with a few more than that. (2 for mom...a couple for me....one for dad... ok, maybe not that many!)

When I came home I was going to start on my new book, and I started the prologue and it didn't start where I had remembered it leaving off. So I looked at it. Yep, this is the book I bought and it looks ok. It has the right author and the right name. So i began to explore the boring information at the beginning that no one reads. DOH!! I bought the last book in the series. Yep, I felt stupid, really stupid! Well, at least I have the last book, though I don't know what good it will do for awhile at least.

On a more positive note, I have a new phone. I have had the old phone for about five years. Recently, (ok the last 6 months or so) Its been freaking out randomly. "No, I will not stay on while you write a text to your sisters! I refuse!" Dumb thing! It is definately time for a new phone! While at the Verizon store, the lady who was helping me said "Wow you must take really good care of your phone to have had it for five years, maybe you deserve a really nice one!" I am thinking, I like where this is going! I looked over at dad and sweetly suggested an I phone, and he gave me the don't even think about it/whatever kind of dad look. Nope, no Iphone for me! I like my phone and I am just glad it works!

3 comments:

helmhq said...

I told you not to go in the book store!! didn't I?
And yes we are wonderful parents for getting you such an awesome phone

Emily Nice said...

I'm glad you got a new phone that works. I find it is hard to get used to them.

I figure going to a bookstore is like an alcoholic going to a bar. So I don't go. I don't go to the library easy, but thats usually because its closed by the time I'm done with work.

Smart Helm said...

Eventually the bookstore can loose it's pull. Last 2 times I went I didn't end up buying anything cuz there wasn't anytI wanted. Course it took me 1.5 hours each time to figure that out :-).

I have a hard time changing to a new phone just like Emily. Good luck!