Thursday, August 20, 2009

Very Random, well sorta...

Well, hopefully my new background and other changes aren't to icky. You can complain or have issues with it if you want. You can even leave a comment about it if you wish. Guess what I made?? I really really really wish I had a picture of it, but I made my first lasagna! What I learned...

Things not to do when making lasagna.
1. Do not use a lot of sauce on the bottom ( you run out on top)
2. Do not use a lot of meat on the bottom. ( you run out on top)
3. Do not put a layer of noodles on top with just cheese. (apparently it makes them crunchy..the noodles, not the cheese.)
4. Plan ahead and buy fresh french bread
5. Don't make such big messes in the kitchen, because then you have to clean it all up!

But my parents said it was excellent, but i think they were just trying to make me feel good about myself. Mom said it was a good first attempt, whatever that means. Maybe it did help that they were starving... Anywho on to the more exciting things!

First of all here are some end of the semester pictures.

This is Nora and I. Her brother came down to visit so that is who the arm belongs to.

This is us going to the temple on Sunday evening, The only person missing here is Nora. I think she had a Chinese oral exam the next day. Oh the top two are my roomates, and the other brunette is Heather. She lives with Nora, next door.

The sunflowers are for Emily. They are dark but look close

The next egment is fair. It was way fun! I think Nathan has decided that its ok for me to come anytime for the rodeo part. Something to do with seating placement. You'll have to ask him about that. My fair pictures came out very very dark, its hard to see, so I will let others post about that! But it was really great to hang out with Nathan and Neita and to watch my nieces and nephews do their stuff, and the food was fantabulous! Thank you Nathan and Neita for having us!

I did get a rather funny picture of Melina and Joel that I will post. Mom and Dad and I were watching them, and here is what happened. Dress up!


Princess Melina



Not exactly sure what he is looking for, but maybe Snow White is missing something...

5 comments:

Emily Nice said...

Very cute pictures of Melina and Joel. Did you not get any pictures of the piggies? I though you used your camera phone but maybe not. I've been way exasperated that I haven't been able to post my fair experience yet. grrrr- but glad you did!

Hope your summer break has been fun!

helmhq said...

I like your new background, and I'm so glad you posted something about the fun time we had. I still intend to.

Smart Helm said...

Those are cute pictures. Good job on the lasagna! Mom said in her post that u had made a "delicious" dinner.
I though I told you the layers... noodles first, sauce last :-)

Bethanie said...

I like the pictures of Melina and Joel. The same things happen here at our house. Right now they are all having a tea party.

Montana at the Helm said...

Sounds like you have a great time at Nathan and Neita's. The pictures and captions with Melina and Joel gave me a good chuckle!