Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Pi, or Pie

I thought the title was catchy so I figured I had better say something about Pi. Pi is a great number, those that can recite it for more than 8 digits have no life. Personally, I prefer the other kind. I have discovered a certain fondness and fascination for this culinary delight. I was home with Grandma, and needed to keep her busy so I thought of a great plan. Here is what happened.



I think part of Grandma's fell off, because it sure seemed longer!


















I have no idea whose was longer, but it sure was fun hanging with Grandma. We had good conversation








All the fun turned into..... I went to get my camera, and then.....hmmm...






I just thought I would share this momentous occasion with you all. I just made my first pie. It sure is great having a well stocked kitchen, where you didn't have to buy it all.

Bethanie is amazing! If you need anything, call her!

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow that sure looks good and I'm sure it was since all the Helm's know how to cook. Well at least the ones I know can cook. I have met all your brothers and sisters but Jenny...maybe someday I will get to meet her. Great job on finally updating your blog. You bored at home yet?? hehe

Montana at the Helm said...

Yes, that is a catchy title! That picture of grandma is hilarious. I love it. Good for you making that beautiful pie! Jared makes the pies in our family because the crust doesn't like me.

Emily Nice said...

Fun picture of grandma! Way to be adventurous in your culinary experiments. I too have found that Bethanie is wise and usually available for all sorts of info. Isn't it great having a smart family!

Smart Helm said...

Wow! I am way impressed.

I used my apple/peeler/corer/slicer for the first time Sunday to make Apple Crisp... so much easier than pie.

Great pictures!

Annah said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bethanie said...

I'm glad that your pie worked out and that you were happy with the results. Man I just said the same thing twice... anyways, yeah for pie!

work verification: cardworm- someone who reads cereal boxes during breakfast.

ps. sorry for the deleted comment I used the wrong username

txparkinsons said...

you know you miss me

FiddleWiz said...

It looks DELICIOUS!

Anonymous said...

mmmmmm pi! my husband is one of the number crazies, not more than 200 digits though. There are some people that can recite 1000 digits of pi. Woah.

helmhq said...

It was good!