Thursday, December 18, 2008

My Home

So,

I went home. I once I got here I realized that the only thing missing from making school perfect is my bed. I might even just stay at school, if only I had my bed. Strange isn't it, the silly things we miss when away from home. Well, maybe not silly, just things you don't really think about I guess.

About two days ago we got about 15 inches of snow. Have I mentioned I am not going to school in Rexburg to get away from snow? Hmmm But this whole snow thing has me thinking that maybe I will have a new winter goal to skiing. Yep, you read right...skiing. It may not happen more than likely, but I think I can always...consider deeply. Yeah right.

On a purely proud of onesself moment. I made dinner yesterday. I even considered taking a picture for all of your benifit, but it didn't happen. And I may even tell you my secret of why people eat my food towards the end. I love to cook Italian. I have no idea why, but I think it is just for breadsticks sake. I like breadsticks. I like bread in general. Breadsticks also have garlic and cheese. And butter...butter is good! Doesn't that sound like a perfect food? Anyways I made breadsticks, and pasta and a big green salad with mandarin oranges and olives. Thanks Emily! I guess I did kind of cheat on the pasta thing by using canned alfredo sauce, but i figure me fixing it up counteracts using it. I put in Sundried tomatoes, Chicken, peas, mushrooms, some garlic...duh! Can you tell I like garlic? Now for the secret. I started at about 5:30, so that good smells can permeate. We didn't eat til 7. Thats the secret. All of my food tastes good, because everyone is starving by the time I am through! Now you know my secrete, starve them and of course it tastes good. I think mom snitched before I was done and said it was good, but I think thats just a Mom's job. Oh well, I am proud of myself!

6 comments:

Smart Helm said...

Good job... I guess you can come visit me sometimes and make dinner. But at my house u will be starting at 4:30pm so u can have dinner on the table when I come home from work at 6:30pm. What? Don't want to come now and visit? Fine, we'll go out to eat.
I look forward to helping u cook during the holidays.

Unknown said...

skiing! sounds like fun :) I definitely think it's possible. I cooked indian food the other day...started at 6, finished at about 8...I think the ONLY reason it tasted good was b/c everyone was starving lol

Montana at the Helm said...

I love your kinds of cooking...bread sticks and Alfredo! YUM!

I'll have to try the starving thing sometime.

I'm glad you enjoyed Gage's dancing. We sure did.

Bethanie said...

I think eating others food is a good idea. In fact I like any meal I didn't have to cook, that is unless Jim is cooking...he needs just a little more help in that department. Wish I could have been there to eat your food. I would gladly tell you how good it is.

helmhq said...

It really was good and not just because I was starving!! However, I'm hoping that you like more about home than your bed.

Emily Nice said...

Yum. I like food. I like breadsticks. alot. I like bed. alot. maybe i should go to bed? i tired. just like being hungry makes food tast good, being tired makes things funny. yep.

oh, if you want to ski for reals, you should come visit me cause they have that place Jamie was telling us about where you can rock climb, ski, etc.