Thursday, January 22, 2009

Handicappedness

Sometimes I notice that in my beautiful family, there is an excessive amount of  jokes.  I love it.  Sometimes, even my father gets in on the fun.  

So there I was, at the end of ward choir.  Somehow the conversation turns to Mothers' necklaces and rings.  My mother tells the story of how her wonderful children bought her the ring.  Then Sister Skidmore asks which one is which stone.   Mom's ring is upside down, so of course being helpful me, I put it right, and point out that I am the prettiest one and what makes the ring so pretty.  Dad says, "No, actually your stone is the flawed one."  Me, unknowingly ask "really? How come?"  He says, "well, its because your handicapped."   

When the jokes come, I just have to share them.  I hope you all find this extremely amusing.  (Jenny)  Sometimes, I think its funny to watch people's faces.  But our in our ward they all think its funny.  I guess thats a good thing.  

9 comments:

Montana at the Helm said...

If you find it funny then I find it funny!Especially coming like that from your Dad. You sure are a good sport.

Montana at the Helm said...

I hope that comment didn't sound critical of your Dad, because it wasn't meant that way. It was meant the other way. Your Dad cracks me up!

Bethanie said...

Isn't that what makes a diamond different from a zirconium; a diamon has faults. And look which one costs more.

Emily Nice said...

Well, going off of Bethanie's comment, I think you cost the most Angela!!! But I'm still priceless :)

Smart Helm said...

I liked the "being helpful me". I can totally see it!

I think you and father are funny. But remember, looks aren't everything. :-)

When you say Mother's necklaces (plural) and rings (plural), it sounds like Mom was draped with the stuff. Such a funny picture in my mind!

Lisa~ said...

"Sometimes, even my father gets in on the fun."

Isn't he the worst one of all??? ;-)

I love you all! <3

helmhq said...

It was a good moment lots of real laughter---good for the body and soul.

txparkinsons said...

ha- ha-ha!

WARNERS said...

thanks for sharing - you made me laugh!